This Women’s Wellness Series is presented by some of the most
influential and renowned leaders in the realm of integrative and functional medicine
with expertise in women’s health issues.
Women are more likely than men to report symptoms of stress including headaches, digestive issues, fatigue and overwhelm. Learn tips and strategies from leading experts who discuss the role of stress and its impact on Hormones, Thyroid, Fertility, Libido, Skincare, Aging, Sleep and Mindset.
- Marcel Pick (Host), co-founder of the world renowned Women to Women clinic, women’s health expert for TV and magazines, and faculty of the Institute of Functional Medicine
- Anna Cabeca, known as “The Girlfriend Doctor,” board-certified obstetrician and gynecologist, and author of The Hormone Fix
- Trevor Cates, naturopathic doctor, author of Clean Skin From Within and founder of Hello Fertility
- Arti Chandra, pioneer and global leader in functional and integrative education, and clinical advisor to Big Bold Health, Inc.
- Anne Marie Fine, naturopathic doctor, author of Cracking the Beauty Code and Medical Director of Environmental Medicine Education International, LLC
- Carrie Jones, functional medicine and hormone doctor and Chief Medical Officer at Nuethix
- Lorraine Maita, award-winning holistic, functional and anti-aging physician, author, healthcare advocate and known as the Hormone Harmonizer
- Jaquel Patterson, naturopathic physician, bestselling author, success coach, Medical Director and founder of Fairfield Family Health
- Carol A. Penn, board-certified in family and obesity medicine, mindset coach and author of Meditation In a Time of Madness
- Jaclyn Smeaton, naturopathic doctor, hormone health and reproductive medicine, and founder of Hello Fertility
- Kela Smith, holistic-integrative fertility and hormone doctor and founder of The Hormone Puzzle Society
- Jyl Steinbeck, known as “America’s Healthiest Mom,” personal trainer, lifestyle expert and Executive Director of Shape Up US
- Maryann Ivons, naturopathic physician (retired), former Dean of Academic Affairs and Director of Homepathic Practitioner Program at American Medical College of Homeopathy
Carol A. Penn, DO, MA, ABOM, FACOFP is doubly Board Certified in Family Medicine and Obesity Medicine as well as being a Master movement, meditation, and mindset coach brings more than 40 years of experience and expertise in Mind Body Medicine and the movement sciences.
Dr. Penn is also a two-time best-selling author including the renowned book, Meditation In a Time of Madness.
Dr. Penn became a doctor to help humans learn the power and science of human revolution. Her emphasis is how to go beyond health and wellness to be fully alive and thrive.
- Anti-aging techniques to live a fulfilled life
- Utilizing meditation in daily life
- How movement can be used as medicine
Jaquel Patterson, ND, IFMCP, MBA is an internationally recognized naturopathic physician, sought-after speaker, success coach, 3x Amazon best-selling author, and Forbes contributor.
Dr. Patterson is the medical director and founder of Fairfield Family Health and has over 15 years of clinical experience with expertise in Lyme disease and other tick-borne infections, autoimmune conditions, and integrative psychiatry. She is also the Co-COO for KnoWEwell, PBC.
During her teen years, her mother struggled with lupus and rheumatoid arthritis. Dr. Patterson noticed that conventional treatments fell short, which fueled her passion for finding alternative options and instilled a desire to provide better care.
Dr. Patterson also has her own health story of recovery with both Lyme disease and Babesia, as well as anxiety and OCD . These experiences inspired her to write her best-selling book, Women and Lyme. Dr. Patterson has lived some of the same personal health challenges as her patients, and fully understands the nuances of these disease conditions.
- Circadian rhythms and its impact on your sleep quality
- Sleep hygiene techniques and hacks
- 5 strategies to reset your sleep through lifestyle and nutrients
Trevor Cates, ND received her medical degree from the National College of Natural Medicine and was the first woman licensed as a naturopathic doctor in the state of California. Dr. Cates has become known as The Spa Dr. after working at Waldorf Astoria and St. Regis spas and discovered the necessity to create a cleaner and simpler skincare line, and write a USA Today best-selling skin care book, Clean Skin from Within. It was Dr. Cates’ own struggles with skin imperfections and imbalanced hormones in her adolescence and teenage years that led her to natural medicine and inspired her work.
- Stress impact on your skin
- Hormonal impact on your skin
- How to have a radiant, clear complexion
Anne Marie Fine, ND is one of the world’s leading authorities in Environmental Medicine. She is the Medical Director of Environmental Medicine Education International, LLC, a one-year, post-graduate course for physicians in this emerging specialty. Dr. Fine is a licensed and board-certified naturopathic physician and has held licenses to practice medicine in Arizona and California for over 20 years.
Dr. Fine is dedicated to increasing awareness on environmental medicine and its impact on the body, aging and our skin. She is the Founder of Fine Natural Products, LLC, a best-selling author, consultant to the personal care product industry, published author of numerous articles in international peer-reviewed journals, and internationally recognized speaker. Dr. Fine is also Director of Communications at KnoWEwell.
- How to decrease level of toxic burdens applied on skin
- How to internally support our body’s ability to properly detox
- Stress impact on our body’s ability to detox and our skin health
Anna Cabeca, DO, OBGYN, FACOG is the best-selling author of the books The Hormone Fix, Keto-Green 16 and MenuPause.
Dr. Cabeca is triple-board certified and a fellow of gynecology and obstetrics, integrative medicine, and anti-aging and regenerative medicine. She is known nationally as, The Girlfriend Doctor and is host of The Girlfriend Doctor show.
She has personally developed natural products to help women balance hormones and thrive through menopause including the highly acclaimed Julva® cream for the vulva and MightyMaca® Plus, a powerful superfood blend.
Dr. Cabeca is on a personal and professional mission to provide proven, pragmatic solutions to women with menopausal health challenges so they can lead the life they want, need and deserve.
- Key to hormones to restore a healthy, natural sex drive
- Improving intimacy and connection
- The role of stress on your libido
Lorraine Maita, MD is a recognized and award-winning holistic, functional and anti-aging physician, author and healthcare advocate. Known as the Hormone Harmonizer, she specializes in helping people look and feel younger and healthier with boundless energy, stable mood, lean body, clear mind, and balanced hormones.
Her own struggles with pain, gut health and hormone imbalance prompted her to go deeper and learn Anti-Aging Regenerative and Functional Medicine and Advanced Endocrinology as well as Integrative health techniques that are backed by science.
As founder of Vibrance for Life and How to Live Younger, Dr. Maita has been featured in many media outlets to spread the word that you can live younger and healthier at any age. She has also impacted hundreds of thousands of people as former Chief Medical Officer or Medical Director of Global Health Services in 3 Fortune 100 companies, and in her private practice.
- Helpful strategies to manage stress
- How stress can impact your hormones
- Understanding your hormones
Carrie Jones, ND, MPH, FABNE is a naturopathic physician with over 17 years of experience in the field of functional and integrative medicine. She recognizes that imbalances can occur at any age and believes it is important to look at the big picture such as the appropriate use of lab testing. Dr. Jones served as medical director for two large integrative clinics in Portland, Oregon and as Medical Director for Precision Analytical Inc, creators of DUTCH test for almost 10 years. She currently serves as the Chief Medical Officer of Nuethix.
- Understanding the relationship between stress and the thyroid gland
- Understanding the relationship between thyroid gland and female hormones
- Methods to optimally support the thyroid gland
Kela Smith PhD, DNM is a Holistic-Integrative Fertility and Hormone Doctor. She holds a Ph.D. in Natural and Holistic Medicine as well as a Double Board Certification as a Doctor of Natural Medicine (DNM) and Doctor of Humanitarian Medicine (DHM). Dr. Kela is also a Board-Certified Functional Nutritionist (BCFN) and a 5x Board-Certified Health Coach (BCHC).
Dr. Smith founded The Hormone Puzzle Society and the Fertility Coach University. Overcoming infertility is near and dear to Dr. Kela’s heart. After personally battling infertility, she was finally able to conceive by implementing her tried and true methods that take a holistic approach to readying the body for pregnancy from the inside out.
- Understand how stress impacts fertility
- Helpful techniques to improve stress
- Tips and facts to increase fertility
Jaclyn Smeaton, ND is a naturopathic physician and founder of Hello Fertility. For over 15 years, she has been one of the nation’s leading experts on integrative approaches to infertility, reproductive, and genitourinary health. She has helped hundreds of couples conceive when they thought there was no hope and has taught thousands of doctors her successful methods. In addition to reproductive medicine, she currently serves as the Chief Medical Officer for Precision Analytical, creators of the DUTCH Test. Her personal experience receiving healthcare in the conventional model is what sparked her lifelong mission to find a different way for other women and families.
- Understand the root causes of infertility
- Hormonal imbalances related to infertility
- Steps to consider for restoring fertility
Arti Chandra, MD, MPH is a family practice physician who earned her Certification in Functional Medicine as a member of the first class of practitioners to receive this designation from The Institute for Functional Medicine. She is also Board Certified in Integrative Medicine and holds a master’s degree in Public Health.
In addition to her clinical work, Dr. Chandra is active in community-based efforts to improve health. Based on her passion for using Food as Medicine principles as a core component of her clinical care and her teaching, she partners with dieticians, chefs, community educators, and farmers to help advance wellness for patients and communities. She has served on the Board of Toxic-Free Futures to help reduce toxic burden and health risk.
Dr. Chandra serves on the Leadership Council of the Personalized and Lifestyle Medicine Institute, is on the Clinical Advisory Team for Big Bold Health, Inc., and is an Advisor for the climate advocacy organization Kiss the Ground.
She recently completed Duke University’s Leadership Program in Integrative Healthcare, serves as an educator and facilitator for the Institute for Functional Medicine, is a pioneer and global leader in functional medicine education, and offers educational presentations to medical and community audiences.
- Understand the stress-gut connection
- Common symptoms due to stress
- Natural techniques to improve stress and gut health
Maryann Ivons, ND (ret) trained as an Registered Nurse (RN) and later became a Naturopathic Physician at Bastyr University. She has been practicing and teaching homeopathy since 1987 and was a faculty member of Bastyr.
In 2012 Maryann became the Dean of Academic Affairs and Director of the Homeopathic Practitioner Program at the American Medical College of Homeopathy. Passionate about education, she developed and taught a course for Trinity Health Hub on Anatomy/Physiology and Pathophysiology. She also created a 45-hour online course on homeopathic treatment for acute medical conditions.
Maryann is also co-founder of the Homeopathic Helper App, designed to help people who are not homeopaths more effectively prescribe acute remedies for their families.
Jyl Steinback is the Executive Director of Shape Up US, creator of The Hip Hop Healthy Heart Program for Children,™ Clap4Health, and is known as, “America’s Healthiest Mom”. Having two children herself, Steinback was inspired to be a voice for children’s health and wellness. She is passionate about bringing health and wellness programs to schools to give kids the right education platform at a young age.
Jyl has sold over 2-million books that educate consumers to change their lifestyle by making positive choices through proper nutrition, exercise and healthy living. She is a personal trainer, health expert and educator.
Jyl is also co-founder of the Homeopathic Helper App.
- What homeopathy entails and how can it be used as an effective tool for your health
- Knowledge of homeopathic remedies as it pertains to women’s health issues
- Knowledge of homeopathic remedies as it pertains to supporting stress levels